The Ford F-150 Raptor is nothing short of a total menace on and off the road. Its uncanny aesthetic and unbridled power combine for something truly superb. But as much as we love the F-150 Raptor, we can't help but wonder what Ford Performance would cook up if they equipped the all-mighty Powerstroke diesel engine.
As it turns out, we really don't need to wonder at all, thanks to Aaron and the wild team at MegaRexx Trucks who are cooking up some pretty wild variations of the diesel-powered F-250, like this fully-custom, insanely well-modified 2022 F-250 dubbed the MegaRaptor offered for a modest $159,900.
What's Behind The 2022 Ford F-250 MegaRaptor?
Now look, they say that money can't buy you happiness. But if you have a lot of money, the MegaRaptor will get you pretty darn close. This machine is a fully custom Ford F-250 with the factory 6.7L Power Stroke V8 turbo-diesel, 10-speed automatic transmission, and comfort options like 10-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, twin-panel panoramic moonroof, and wireless charging pad, and augment with performance upgrades and a substantial re-imagining of exterior stance and aesthetic.
First, the suspension gets a massive upgrade thanks for 4.5 in. progressive Icon coil springs up front, and 5 in, multi-leaf springs in the back. Additional, proprietary MegaRexx radius arms are outfitted, along with FOX Racing Shocks and an Icon adjustable track bar.
Further, this machine makes short work of ground obstacles thanks to 20 in., 3-piece MRAP wheels with custom rock ring wrapped in 46 in. (what?!) Michelin XZL tires.
To accommodate all of the massive adjustments, the MegaRaptor is re-geared to 4:88 gears, the speedometer re-calibrated, and firewall trimmed with new reinforcement plates welded in. Additional customization includes the grille, stadium bumper, and Anzo Switchback headlights.
In the back, this F-250 looks far from original thanks to bolted and bonded fenders adorn the rear and add 9 in. to each side, as well as LineX coating to the bed and fenders to provide superior protections from the elements.
There's no denying that this is one comprehensive and well-modified 2022 Ford F-250. It packs all the high-end factory options with an aesthetic that's impossibly to ignore.
- 6.7L Power Stroke turbo-diesel V8
- 475 hp. and 1,050 lb.-ft. torque
- 10 speed automatic overdrive transmission
- Re-geared to 4.88
- Power twin-panel panoramic moonroon
- Bang & Olufsen® 10-speaker array including subwoofer
- FordPass™ Connect 4G LTE Wi-Fi
- SYNC®4 with 12” touch-screen featuring wireless Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Voice-activated navigation system with HD and SiriusXM® satellite radio
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®)
- Reverse sensors
- Ambient lighting
- LED box lighting (includes led center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL))
- Power-adjustable pedals with memory
- Easy entry/exit memory driver's seat feature
- Power heated/ventilated driver/passenger seat with driver-side memory
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Leather steering wheel with audio controls
- Power locks and windows
- Security system with keyless entry and remote start
- Intelligent access with push-button start (PEPS)
- Power telescoping/tilt steering wheel/column
- Memory and audio controls
- Powerscope® trailer tow mirrors with memory
- Remote start system
- Remote tailgate release
- Tailgate step
- Wireless charging pad